Do you like to write and perform original music? Check out our Youth Songwriting Competition. Submissions must be submitted to Jennifer Ives: by April 15, 2018.
The Showcase will be held on June 9 at the Barrie Public Library (60 Worsley St.).
Thanks to the songwriters of B.A.D.A.S/s (Barrie and District Association of Singer/Songwriters) for their continued support with mentorship.
Here’s what two of our former youth participants had to say about the showcase:
“Being inspired by peers and mentors at the BarrieFolk Youth Songwriters’ Showcase and mentoring sessions was invigorating, not only that day but also since then. The community we were brought into has sustained their support in both tangibly and in an unspoken way. Open-mindedness and willingness to learn from each other was, and is, very important to me. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to grow together!”
Braden Phelan and Liv Cazzola
Rules and Criteria
- Must be between 13 and 21 years of age on or before Feb. 14, 2018
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Cannot be a previous first place winner of competition
- All submitted material must be original and performed by the entrant(s);each entry may consist of more than one person as long as each participant meets the criteria above
- Cannot be a previously submitted song
- One song per entry
- Submissions must be received by April 15, 2018 in MP3 format and include a hard copy of the lyrics, accompanied by an e-mail address; if mailing submission, CDs are allowed
- Submissions must be submitted to Jennifer Ives: by April 15, 2018.
- Eight songwriters will be chosen to participate in afternoon mentoring sessions with the experienced songwriters of B.A.D.A.S/s (Barrie and District Association of Singer/Songwriters) and will have the opportunity to perform three to four songs at the evening Showcase Concert (date and location TBD).
- Each finalist will receive $100